Well, here’s your chance to prove it! Xboxic is looking to expand its team with capable news posters to assist us in bringing you guys more news than any other site, before any other site. So if you’ve always wanted to try and stay sane under the benevolent dictatorship of a crazy bunch of Dutchies, read on.
The profile of our perfect candidate:
- Very extremely top-notch solid English writing skills.
- Able to write both entertaining and informing at the same time. Unlike most other sites, we appreciate a unique and identifying style.
- Global interest in anything related to gaming, not just Xbox.
- Strong opinion on things and not scared to voice it.
- Basic knowledge of XHTML/HTML.
- Good general knowledge of games, gaming hardware, game concepts and the games industry.
- Community minded, willing to participate actively in our comments and forum.
- Nationality and location do not matter, assuming you know the English language.
- Got some spare minutes to spend on a daily or near-daily basis.
Think this is you I’m describing, or at least a close enough match? Well then: write a letter explaining your gaming and/or writing history and why you are perfect for the job, add 3 articles to show off your capabilities, and send them off including your MSN-address to email@example.com. The three articles can cover any subject you choose, new or old, but at least one of them has to be hardware related and one of them has to cover a rumor.
Keep in mind that Xboxic is not a professional organization paying solid gold for your efforts. In our 6 month existence we’ve grown hard, currently serving over 1 million pageviews per month, but we’re not (yet) at the level where we can discuss stock options, company cars and yearly raises. Writing for Xboxic is fun, it’s cool to have lots of people appreciate your writing, you get to meet a lot of other gamers, it’s a way of getting writing experience, and you will even get some minor compensation for your efforts. But it’s not a job
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!