Some of you may know that Shadowrun was patched yesterday, yet the reasons may not be so clear. The reasons are not all that exciting, but after the jump you can find out exactly what it has done to the shooter.
Chances are most of you won’t notice any difference, as patch number one is not a big one. Vista changes are included below too, just so people know.
- Addressed a problem with viewing Shadowrun in the Games Explorer on the Vista versions for Portugal and Finland.
- Fixed an issue involving removing the controller while playing on Vista.
- If you lose your connection to LIVE while playing on Vista, the UI behaves correctly now.
- Fixed a hard lock that can occur when a player signs out of a profile on 360.
- Fixed a hard lock that can occur after starting a bot match in Chapter 4 of the training.
- Fixed an issue that affected voice-over in the Italian 360 version.
- Fixed a small memory leak that could affect performance and stability in some situations.
As with everything released though, there are a few problems. Not with the game (although lag still persists) but the actual downloading of the patch. FASA are looking into it, but they recommend doing the following:
- Open 360 Dashboard
- Navigate to System Blade
- Navigate to Network Settings
- Select Test Xbox Live Connection
If it all goes OK then log in to Live again and it should work. If the test fails then that is your problem, but if the patch still doesn’t work then the Maintenance fix to clear the cache supposedly helps, but don’t forget Microsoft do not recommend that. As a quick reminder: Press Y on either the HDD or a MU and then press X, X, LB, RB, X, X. Once you do this a blade will pop up saying: “This will perform maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices. Do you want to continue?” Then you simply pick the yes option. It clears out a load of other stuff too, such as all other downloaded patches, but they can be re-downloaded. Use at your own risk though.
FASA do promise a more meatier patch is coming soon though. They plan to address some of the more known issues such as connectivity time in the next patch, but full details will be released closer to the release.
Keep your eye on the official forums for more information in the coming weeks.