Only a few weeks ago we reported on the leaked video footage of a golf game which uses your Xbox360 Avatars as playable characters. It had even been speculated as a potential rival to the popular Wii Sports title, but the mystery of the origins of the game has been solved - it’s a sequel to an Indie Golf game titled ‘Easy Golf’.
The sequel now known as ‘Avatar Golf’ is an entry for the 2009 Dream Build Play Competition and may end up as an Xbox Live Arcade title.
Play golf as your Avatar or choose a random Avatar for variety.
- 6 uniquely themed 18-hole courses for a total of 108 holes of virtual golf.
- 8 player online
- 4 player local multiplayer
- Create courses in the easy-to-use course designer then share your courses with friends over Xbox Live
- Rain and Snow weather conditions
- Player Statistics and Course Records
- New ball flight camera, ball flight trail, and â€śBall In Holeâ€ť avatar reactions give the game a more fun, personalized, and exciting feel.
Nothing short of an excellent example of what is possible using the XNA game building tools, if this game made it to the Xbox Live Arcade complete with achievements it would be a sure fire hit!