Aspiring professional video gamers from the South East region will now have a chance to make their dreams a reality at the Doritos MLG Pro-Gaming Combine on March 26 - 28 at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel in Nashville, Tenn. Nashville marks the first stop on the four-city tour of the first-ever nationwide skills challenge in competitive video gaming history.
MLG pros from around the South East region scheduled to attend include some of the biggest talent in the league:
- Michael ‘Strongside’ Cavanaugh of Edgewood, Ky.; a member of the 2007 MLG Pro Circuit National Championship Team, Final Boss
- Justin ‘Pistola’ Deese of West Columbia, N.C.; a member of Triggers Down, the number one ranked team during the 2009 MLG Pro Circuit season
- Anthony ‘Totz’ Pennacchio of Bloomingdale, Ill.; the newest member of the storied MLG Pro Circuit team franchise, Final Boss
- Wes ‘Clutch’ Price of Memphis, Tenn.; a member of the 2009 MLG Pro Circuit National Championship Team, Believe the Hype
More than 1,200 individual players and 256 teams of four competing in the 4X4 bracket have filled the playing field to date. Individuals competing in the Free For All (FFA) can still sign up online through March 22 or in-person on the first day of the event.
Spectators can attend free of charge to cheer on their friends and family members, or they can sign up to compete in one-off competitions against other spectators, and meet many of MLG’s pros and personalities in person.
MLG pros and personalities will be holding eight strategy seminars on Friday and Saturday to help aspiring players elevate their games to a new level. Topics include: “The Mental Game,” “Support Players,” and “Team Captains.” An interactive Q&A session with each pro will be held on Sunday.
Doritos MLG Pro-Gaming Combine
At each three-day Combine, more than 400 players will be selected and evaluated by the MLG in key areas including: communication, accuracy, decision making and situational performance.
A total of eight Combine winners will be chosen, which will consist of the top four-person team and four individual players. Each winner will receive:
- $500 cash prize
- Roundtrip airfare of up to $500 per trip to attend the MLG Pro Circuit Competition and National Championship Competition (pending eligibility for Doritos brand Finals Event)
- 3-days lodging to attend the MLG Pro Circuit Competition; team pass; ability to play on a Feature Station
- Free entry into the Halo 3 Pro Circuit Event; opportunity to purchase reserved team pass
- Profile page on Doritos MLG Pro-Gaming Combine Web site
- The ability to play on a Feature Station at the upcoming Pro Circuit Competition
Gaming prize package, including Astro Gaming Headset, Flip Video Camera and more
Combine winner jersey
The series of nationwide Combine competitions will culminate with a Finals Event, where four players will receive MLG pro status. For more details check out Doritos Combine.