Today Ubisoft revealed new details for Tom Clancyâ€™s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier for the Xbox 360, the PlayStation 3, and Windows PC. Developed by the team behind Tom Clancyâ€™s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter and Warfighter 2, the game will equip players with the worldâ€™s hottest future combat systems, inspired by existing prototypes, and unleash them on the battlefield of tomorrow. Tom Clancyâ€™s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is scheduled to ship Fall 2010.
â€śThe Ghost Recon franchise set the standard for the next-generation gaming experience,â€ť said Tony Key, senior vice president of sales and marketing at Ubisoft. â€śWith Tom Clancyâ€™s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Ubisoft is amplifying the core values of the series â€“ the sophisticated technology, weaponry, graphics, story and online gameplay â€“ with the production values of a Hollywood blockbuster to deliver a stunning package that will make players truly feel like the elite soldier of tomorrow.â€ť
For players who canâ€™t wait until fall to get their hands on Tom Clancyâ€™s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Ubisoft is delivering a sneak peek this summer with Tom Clancyâ€™s Ghost Recon: Future Soldierâ€™s Multiplayer Beta. The exclusive beta invitation, available for a limited time, will be included with Tom Clancyâ€™s Splinter Cell Conviction. Tom Clancyâ€™s Splinter Cell Conviction will be hitting stores on April 13th in North America, April 16th in Europe and April 28th in Japan, and is exclusively available for Xbox 360.
About the Game
As a member of the elite Ghost Recon, you are among the few who possess the power, the adaptability, and the cognitive fortitude of the future soldier. Specialized in every area of combat, equipped for survival, and trained in absolute discretion, you are entrusted with the missions no other soldier can handle. Armed to the teeth with an arsenal of real-world high-tech weaponry only in prototype today, you are an F-16 on legs, trained to lock on to your objective even in the worldâ€™s most complex, high-risk warzones.
Experience the Future of War
- The Ghosts pack the latest and best high-tech military equipment, inspired by actual prototypes.
- Blend into any environment with mind-bending optical camouflage.
- An exoskeleton enhances the Ghostsâ€™ physical abilities, allowing them to run, leap, slide and kick farther & faster than any soldier on the field today.
- Unparalleled physicality and lethal expertise in melee close combat are now at your disposal. Control all-new heavily armed unmanned ground and air combat drones.
- Unleash large-radius firepower with a personal mortar capable of firing multiple guided rockets simultaneously.
- Instantly coordinate combat against 360Â° threats: link-up with your Ghost teammates in a formidable formation at the push of a button.
- Move-and-shoot-as-one with your friends or AI teammates with no training and no complex orders system.
- Benefit from your teammatesâ€™ high-tech abilities and combine them to unleash the power of an army at the pull of your trigger.
Epic Solo and Co-op Campaign
- Join the Ghosts as Kozak, a fresh recruit whose elite unit is the United Stateâ€™s best and only means of retaliation when a nationalist coup unseats Russiaâ€™s legitimate president
- Experience multiple aspects of the war from the unique perspectives of a high-level bodyguard, an engineer, a civilian and more.
- Play the single- or split-screen cooperative campaign across multiple theatres as the shadow of global conflict creeps across Northern Europe and beyond.
Fast-Paced, Addictive Multiplayer Mode
- Link-up for heated 8 vs. 8 adversarial matches and combine the four balanced class abilities, plus drones and individual gear.
- Seamless ranking progression in Single, Co-op and Adversarial modes: unlock multiple rewards for your Ghost or your Clan.
For ongoing updates about the game, please stay with Xboxic.