Details of an Xbox LIVE Gold Subscription Family Pack have revealed that up to four gold memberships can be created for a discount price with the main account in control of distributing Microsoft Points. In addition to “Exclusive family content and discounts” that have been promised, the main account can also monitor family activity on Xbox LIVE.
The Family Pack will launch in November at the cost of $99 per family subscription:
- Up to four individual Xbox LIVE Gold memberships for the price of two - (US) $99.99.
- Family Center - a single, easy to use, destination for Family Settings and account management, accessible on the Xbox dashboard and on Xbox.com.
- The primary account member has the ability to purchase and dispense Microsoft Points to other Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack members.
- Activity monitoring reports viewable on Xbox.com to help encourage discussions about safer more balanced gaming and entertainment habits.
- Simplified billing that applies all purchase charges to the primary account holder’s billing account and the ability to authorize purchases, helping to manage the family’s entertainment budget.
- Exclusive family content and discounts.
If this is great news for you and your family, why not shout about it in the comments section below?
UPDATE: It has been confirmed that a Family Subscription Pack in the UK will cost Â£69.00 when it launches in November.