The Xbox Live Arcade version of ‘Plants Vs Zombies’ has been dated for September 8th, 2010. The updated console version complete with online multiplayer for the platform will feature some slight changes as detailed below.
Plants vs. Zombies for XBLA features:
- A total of seven game modes, including two new multiplayer modes: Co-Op and Vs. Mode
- 12 achievements and 21 mini-games — more than any other adaptation, and including the exclusive Heavy Weaponâ„˘-inspired mini-game
- A goofy new way to track and share progress online, where players create their own custom house and cruise down the street to see their friends’ cribs!
- The highest resolution of any Plants vs. Zombies adaptation to date at 1920 x 1080
- All 50 levels of the original Adventure mode along with Puzzle, Survival, and Zen Garden
Xbox 360 controls have been confirmed that the left stick will select soil patches, whilst the A button will be to place plants and bumpers to cycle through your seed collection. The trigger buttons will absorb all available sunlight on screen rather than manually collecting it through an on-screen cursor.
Multiplayer can be co-operative or competitive modes, and the ‘Thriller’ Zombie has now been replaced as a ‘Disco Dancing’ Zombie at the request of the Michael Jackson estate.
Plants Vs Zombies will be released on September 8th, 2010 for 1200 MS Points.