Last week’s top Xbox LIVE Arcade title LIMBO, which was also in 10th place of all the games played on Xbox LIVE has certainly raised the bar for platform puzzlers. 10 things youâ€™ve always wanted to know about developers, Playdead and LIMBO, but didnâ€™t know enough Danish to ask is just after the jump.
1. They live in Copenhagen! Playdead is based right in the heart of the Pilestraede district, which is chock full of games developers
2. Itâ€™s taken them 3 and a half years to make the game. Most of the time was taken up with putting all the colours inâ€¦ not really!
3. There are only 8 people in the company â€“ there have been more in the past, but even at the studioâ€™s biggest there were only 16 people!
4. 26% of the gameâ€™s code goes into the boy himself â€“ it took 3200 hours to program him!
5. Speaking of the boy, hereâ€™s a few interesting numbers: heâ€™s 1.5 meters tall, weighs 50kg, and is made up of 13 different sprites.
6. The fastest he can run is 3 meters per second, and any drop bigger than 10.3 meters will kill him.
7. End to end, Limbo is 4.1km long!
8. The in-house record for completing Limbo is 2 hours 26 minutes.
9. Limboâ€™s audio was recorded on an eclectic mix of obsolete equipment â€“ the weirdest of which involved playing a guiro with castanets (instead of a stick), then running the result through a talkbox.
10. Donâ€™t worry, we have absolutely no idea what that last one means either!
LIMBO is available for download now on the Xbox LIVE Arcade for 1200 MS Points and Xboxic’s very own review of the game can be found by clicking this link.