Uber Entertainment are on fire this week with Monday Night Combat - their very first game hitting the Xbox Live Arcade today. Busy as they are, we managed to squeeze a few interesting facts about Monday Night Combat out of them - read on to learn more.
- Uber Entertainment started in a two bedroom apartment two years ago with six developers, now their office is 16 people strong.
- Monday Night Combat was code named “Hostile” - for obvious reasons - internally for the first year of development
- Uber loves all things bacon including bacon doughnuts, bacon flavored mayonnaise, bacon flavored envelopes. They celebrated finishing the game with bacon flavored vodka!
- The Mascot in Monday Night Combat was inspired by the Tron suit guy, Richard Simmons, and the King from Burger King.
- Some of the people working at Uber include an improv teaching barista, a wall running ninja, and a belly dancer that raises alpacas…
- During production there were two babies born and two marriages.. but not in that order.
- There are over 2000 animations in Monday Night Combat, mostly done by a single animator.
- Monday Night Combat has been played for over 16,768 hours by the Uber team during development
- During development over 5200 lattes were consumed. Number of toilet breaks is still unconfirmed.
- Some of the inspirations for the Monday Night Combat include Idiocracy, Running Man, Robocop, GI Joe, A-Team, Wall-E, and The Incredibles.
Monday Night Combat was released today as the fourth title in the popular ‘Summer of Arcade’ promotion on Xbox LIVE for 1200 MS Points. We have one promotional code to give away that will enable you to download the game from the Xbox LIVE Arcade, all you have to do is follow us on Twitter and RT:
Xboxic are giving away 1 redeem code to download today’s Xbox LIVE Arcade game ‘Monday Night Combat’ RT for ur chance to win #xboxicMNC
Xboxic’s review of Monday Night Combat can be found here.
Winner Picked at Random on Twitter was @downsouthtigger